As the cold of winter melts away and spring brings with it a new beginning, here are some good ideas on how to spend the next few weeks.
Spring is a great time to spend in your garden. You can head outdoors to clean out and prepare your garden beds and repair hardscaping if needed. Doing a little pruning will help start the growing season off right. If you are planning a vegetable garden spring is the perfect time to plant beets, lettuce, radishes, and carrots
Once spring temperatures arrive, it’s time to pack some food and roll out the blanket for picnic season. The weather is so perfect this time of year to enjoy a spread at your favorite outdoor space. What you do for your picnic comes down to you but the elements remain the same: a beautiful location, cozy blanket, delicious food, and good friends.
Take your bike to new locations and remember why you love peddling away:
- You don’t have to slow down on the bike to smell the spring-blooming flowers.
- Exercise provides a mood boost as well as a great cardio workout.
- Let Coastal Concierge plan a bike ride on the Northfork, stopping at a vineyard for a glass of wine and a small bite to eat.
- Teach your child how to ride their first bike.
Did you know April is the official Spring Cleaning month? It’s the time of year when you are supposed to:
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Clean windowsills and window tracks.
- Vacuum curtains and window blinds.
- Wipe down baseboards and shoe molding and dust corners for cobwebs.
- Test batteries in all your smoke detectors.
Clean out a closet and donate old winter clothes to make room for your new spring wardrobe or give your car a well-deserved bath!
Lastly, Earth Day is right around the corner, April 22nd. It was created as the official day to protect the planet from things like pollution and deforestation. By taking part in activities like picking up litter we’re making our world a healthier place to live.