Renting your home this summer
We can put together a “welcome package” for your guests making their stay in the Hamptons a treasured experience. Your house guests will feel like they are staying in a beautiful hotel with all the services they need right in your summer home. They will want to come back year after year for their fabulous vacation memories.
Coastal Concierge can provide all the concierge services needed to make the most of their holiday in the Hamptons.
- Private chefs
- Lobster bakes
- Bonfires on the beach
- Boat excursions
- Dinner reservations
In addition, Coastal Concierge just loves to help you get your home ready for a summer rental! For some, renting their home for the summer can be a great source of income. That being said, it can seem like an overwhelming process but together we can make it go smoother. There are a few tricks that will make the process much easier!
The Top 5 “Rental Ready” To-Do’s
Clean, Paint, De-Clutter
Make sure all stains, dents, marks, and any spots are cleaned/removed. If it does not bring joy, it should be removed. A fresh coat of paint is the best way to clean the canvas before making any big changes.
Bathrooms/kitchen cabinets, fixtures or just replacing the knobs can go a long way. It can bring an older home into a modern style.
Check and update anything that needs to be fixed/replaced. Washer/dryers, refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, coffee makers, etc. If you need to buy a new one, do it!
Hire a professional to check electricity, ACs, heating & plumbing.
Address any landscaping and pool needs, or even the mailbox – any outside first impressions, and curb appeal.
Designate a place in your home: a basement, a garage, a place that will be off limits to your renters. This is your safe haven. The place you can leave all of your things like clothes and your treasures. It will ease the burden of packing everything up and getting it out of the house. You don’t have to do it alone, we are here to help!
We cannot say enough about how important freshening up your home can be!
You don’t need to run out and hire a designer, just get someone who can give you a fresh perspective, and help you prepare your house. Maybe purchase new pillows, throws rugs and wall treatments. You would be surprised how this can freshen up your home at a very low cost.
Coastal Concierge Can Help With Your To-Do List!
- Minimalist is best.
- Anything broken should be thrown away.
- Invest in smart furniture that is inexpensive and stain resistant.
You will have strangers living in your home, no need to spend money on items that can easily be damaged, plus a pop of color can go a long way!
- Having a professional photographer come in to take pictures can really help give you the best advantage if you are promoting your home online.
- Backyard furniture should have clean cushions, a big dining table, and a working BBQ.
- Arrange to have your pool technician, lawn care company, or cleaning crew be wrapped into your lease. There are many reasons to do this. The two most important are:
- They are working for you, doing things the way you want them done.
- They are the local eyes and ears on your property and can communicate back to you.
- Have someone local available, like a Coastal Concierge Home Care Assistant, to answer your tenant’s questions and be the point person. Take it from us, this is a huge personal stress saver for you as the homeowner!
- Permits will need to be applied for when renting your home. You should check out the local rental laws in your town. (We can do some of this leg work if you’d like.)
- You may need documents such as: floor plans, survey, updated Certificate of Occupancy and more.
- Check your homeowner insurance coverage to make sure it covers the home being a rental.
- A landlord insurance policy may be more aligned with your needs as it may offer coverage for liability on the property or damage by the tenant.
We are here to lend a helping hand, feel free to call us!