Coastal Concierge just loves this time of year!
Leaves are starting to turn, the air is getting crisper, it is the perfect sweater time!!!!
The cooler days of Autumn are approaching. All that Fall brings is just around the corner! Changing leaves, North Fork vineyards, wine tastings, apple picking, and more.
The days are getting shorter, and the nights are getting cooler. It is time to think about getting your home and yard ready for the seasonal changes ahead. As the cooler weather approaches let us prep your home for its arrival so you can enjoy all that the East End has to offer.
Whether you have decided to spend the winter at your beach home or going back to the city this year, here are a few important chores we can take off your to-do-list.
Let us keep your home warm & cozy for the cool days ahead:
- Cleaning out the gutters ~ Clogged gutters will overflow and damage your home. The purpose of gutters is to guide water from your roof to the ground while keeping it away from your house. The problem is that water is never the only thing that ends up in your gutter. Leaves, debris, shingle grit, can find their way in there and when they get stuck your gutters can clog causing damage to your home.
- Turn off outdoor plumbing ~drain outdoor faucets and sprinkler systems and cover them to protect them from the freezing weather to come. This is especially important when you live on the beach.
- Clean outdoor furniture and gardening tools: you might not be ready to put away your outdoor items but let us get a head start to clean your outdoor furniture and gardening tools, so they are ready for storage over the winter.
This is the perfect time of your to have your annual maintenance done..
- Check your home’s heating and air conditioning system.
- Clean your chimney and order firewood.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace all batteries.
- If you have a generator having it serviced 2x a year is highly recommended. You want to make sure it works when you need it.
Now that your house is ready for the fall, time to plan your fall activities….what is your favorite way to enjoy the fall season?
We loved to hear from you…..
Coastal Concierge thinks this is the best time of year at the beach, and it looks like these pup’s agree, they just love fall swimming!